How do I know if fuel pump or relay went bad on a 92 Saturn sl. It just does not start. Acting like not getting fuel

Asked by Nov 24, 2015 at 05:41 PM about the 1992 Saturn S-Series 4 Dr SL1 Sedan

1,205

yeah usually when you turn the key for the first time you'll hear the pump come on if you have your radio off and if you don't hear it coming on then usually that would mean and that you have an issue either a fuse or the fuel pump might be screwed up or you could have a block in the fuel line who knows yeah I would check to see if the fuel pump and spark plugs spark plug wire battery terminals to make sure they're connected correctly and no corrosion start with all that stuff basic stuff and then see if you have to do a fuel pump and get back to us Thanks

I have a 2001 saturn sc2 3door car it was running ok but it was shacking or jumping like for awhile all the sudden pulled in the driveway and it just cut off it was like it wasn't getting enough power and a few times I smelled gas the fuel pump is cutting on and checked the fuel filter and lines all is good I put a new coil pack on it and a new cranking senser it cranked a few times but cut off as soon as it cranked idk what else could it be someone told me it could be the ignition control piece that the coil packs plug into does anyone have any clue what else I could do to try and get it running

1,205

I would double check on your ignition wires spark plug wires make sure they're attached correctly you could have a bad injector it's hard to tell pressure regulator there's a lot of multiple things that are going on that could be wrong, that is you have to kind of like eliminate all the different possibilities and determine which is the main problem?

1,205

Additionally when have you done the last complete tune-up you need to change your fuel filter go ahead and do all the regular maintenance things and then go from there and that's what I would recommend and if it's not your fuel filter it's not your spark plugs and wires and of course it's got to be something else and examine the engine look for gaskets leaking stuff like that you know codes all the different things try to just being a detective investigate what could be wrong