How do you bleed the raditor on a 2003 saturn L200 2.2

55

Asked by May 24, 2016 at 10:02 PM about the 2003 Saturn L-Series 4 Dr L200 Sedan

I think I have a vapor lock in my radiator so I want to find out how to bleed it

5,955

because there is NO heat? or is overheating? normally when an engine gets up to operating temperature the flow is such will push bubbles out....there is Expansion that takes place when the glycol comes up to operating temperature...that is why there is a little hole in the top of the reservoir...but if the heater core is air bound that can be trouble...someone must take off one of the two hoses and create flow, either with suction...or with a hose~

55

I was told that's why my low coolant light stays on and nothing leaves my reservoir

5,955

achem...once the engine comes up to operating temperature...the thermostat will open up and full coolant flow will happen...if stuck open or corroded open, the engine will not come up to operating temperature..if it's kinda running a little Cold..might have a stuck thermostat~ so if you top off the reservoir (bring it to "full cold" markation) there ought to be enough coolant flow...unless there is a leak~ ...got me? thermostat replacement and they will change out the rusty coolant and possibly the water pump as well...(guessing...don't know the condition of your coolant)~

55

I just drained the radiator because it had just plain water in it I just bought the car from my stepson, and I filled the res. tank with a gallon of 50/50 the car gets to operating temp and then goes down when the fan cuts in then back up but never past the half way mark but nothing ever leaves the res

5,955

hate to suggest something I know really nothing about, but "sea- foam" when run through the coolant loop will "flush" the coolant~...but like I say, just flush normally and change the water pump if it's no longer able to do it's job....also the radiator might be clobbered up....really am guessing at your condition...one can only hope that the engine was not melted~

55

car runs like a bat out of hell no loss of power pull radiator hose off today and it had some antifreeze in it so a little is getting into it some how

5,955

had to get rid of my 1984 VW Quantum because of that...had everything I ever wanted in a wagon...except on 15 mile trips would begin cookin' and lose power...a Wisconsin rust-bucket sadly had to say goodbye...have never owned a car as much as I loved that thing~