map sensor

120

Asked by Mar 12, 2016 at 05:36 PM about the 2001 Saturn L-Series 4 Dr L200 Sedan

How to ground the map sensor on a 2001 Saturn
l200 . Code is map put to in still problem some
said its wiring from sensor to computer.  Can I get
advice to put a ground to it

5,185

Complete sentences would help. Ive done a ton of work on Saturns but I have no idea what you are asking. Please restate your question.

120

Code for map sensor put 2 of them in still not right unplugged it runs but rough need to figure if it's a lost ground to map which wire is ground

120

It is a 2.2 liter

5,185

Hi James. So there are two wires that ground the electrical, the one that traces to the firewall is going to be your ground. For the MAP sensor itself, unless you rewired the harness, you shouldn't need to worry about this issue. The OBDII ECM in the car doesn't self assess. Meaning that it cannot reset it's own codes, you have to clear the codes once the problem has been fixed. I learned that on a 98 with an EGR valve issue. I would go ahead and reset the codes, if you have a ccde reader but before you do, save the Freeze Frame Data thats throwing the initial code. I hope this helps!