I have a 2001 Saturn l200 overheating I changed waterpump thermostat fan module temp sensor radiator. And car still get hot. No leak What could it be?

110

Asked by Mar 01, 2015 at 06:54 PM about the 2001 Saturn L-Series 4 Dr L200 Sedan

65,725

This could be a number of thing,s,bad new water pump,would be my first guess,after what you have replaced all,and still have this issue.How long doe,s it take to heat up?

110

Yes replaced every thing plus that is a new water pump. Its take about 20 too 25 mins to heat. Fan comes on after temp rise to half way Mark. Just keeps rising up to red Mark. Plus no heat inside car

10

Could be a clogged heater core.

65,725

One thing come,s to mind,and just guessing,have you used any kind of stop leak in the cooling system?If so you may have blockage in the coolant system,meaning in the head port,s,not letting it circulate proper.

110

I never use any thing brought it recent it ran fine then it started over heating

65,725

The only guess i have is,did the person you purchased it from add any stop leak to it?Have it checked,

110

Well when I drain it no signs of stop leak I'm been out of the business about five years. But tested and it turn yellow problem with head.

... think of this, when you don't have a radiator cap what happens, over heats when you have a bad radiator cap what happens, it over heats, you said you replaced everything but the easiest thing to replace/check out, check or replaced that, also another thing to check out is, what happens if there is air in the system, it overheats, with all that you have replace, did you make sure you bled the system. this is my theory radiator cap went bad caused air to leak into the system when in time worked its way to a point where it cant get out. this is why there is a bleeder screw. hope this helps