Saturn LS2 V6 Turbo from Saab

5

Asked by Aug 31, 2010 at 12:50 PM about the 2000 Saturn L-Series 4 Dr LS2 Sedan

I, like most, want to put power or performance into what ever I can afford to drive. I drive a 2000 LS2 with that V6, I have done some diggin to find that I share an engine with Opel and Saab ..ect. BUT Saab was the only one to have a turbo on this engine. It may just be a low-pressure turbo, but they did it.

I was curious how practical it would be to find a donor and start this transplant.

Specifically the Saab that shares the hardware is an 99' or 00' Saab 9-5.

Has anyone seen this done or think its possible?? ( Anything is possible, but if I had money coming out the wazoo I would be spending it.)

1,055

The turbo Saab version made 200 hp, or about 10% more hp than it's currently making in your car. If you want to make any major modifications that will increase hp from your engine, you're going to need new engine management. You are MUCH MUCH MUCH better off buying a car that is either as fast as you want or actually has a community that modifies it - such as a Miata, e30/e36 BMW, Mustang, Camaro, 300zx, etc... The L-series is a wondeful utilitarian car but it is not worth modifying, and you will get wayyyy less performance / dollar than you would with a car with a legitimate tuner community. I think you'll also find that cars with performance support are very cheap - I picked up my Miata for $800. For the price I paid for my L- series, I could easily have the Miata making 250 rwhp.

Best Answer Mark helpful