I'm 17 and I need a car to get to work, school, and practices. I have no credit but I work. I only have like $1500 but there's a car for a little over $2000 that I am interested in. Would the dealership allow me to put like $500 down and then pay monthly without a cosigner?

Asked by Aug 11, 2012 at 01:14 PM about the 2000 Saturn L-Series 4 Dr LS1 Sedan

-Parents won't help out
- 17 years old
- no one to cosign
- no credit
- Need a car ASAP

55

perhaps you might consider a compromise and take alternate transportation ie. bus, taxi, etc. until you have enough $$ to purchase the vehicle you want or maybe have more $$ to put towards a higher valued vehicle? just a thought? good luck to you.

66,305

Some smaller used car dealers will do "buy here/pay here". Which means the dealer will extend credit without going through a bank or finance company. This might work for you. But as the previous poster said you might want to save up more cash. More cash equals a better car. Whatever car you are interested in be SURE to run a carfax & take an experienced driver (Mom, Dad, Aunt, Uncle, or older friend) along for the test drive. I still talk to others when getting ready to buy a car & I'm 45 years old. Especially if I know someone who has, or has had the same car I'm interested in. Check out websites about consumer reviews & recalls on the c ar you're interested in. Carcomplaints.com is a good one. There you can read about what other people are saying about the car you want as well as find out about any recalls that might effect the car. Best of luck to you. Hope you get a good deal!! HTH. -Jim

100

state laws vary. you might call legal aid in your area to find out if you may purchase a car on your own if it is a necessity. some states allow minors to enter contracts when it is for that reason