Supercharger: turning on and off

65

Asked by Jun 20, 2012 at 05:19 PM about the 2004 Saturn ION Red Line Quad Coupe

The car I was planning on getting has a problem with the supercharger. I drove it down the road for 10mins and no boost. I got it
e-tested and it passed with flying colors. when i left, the supercharger kicked in for apporxminatly 30 seconds than quit. I noticed
that every time it wasnt working, the check engine light was on. The guy had a used throttle body put on so that might be it but
idk. So, whats going on?

3,045

BOOST PRESSURE MODULATOR

65

What is that?

65

How do you know that?

3,045

don't worry weed hopper just get the thing checked that controls the rate of boost increase and the thing that controls the amount of total boost in high gear ... PBN

65

isnt that part for a turbo?

65

Could you send me a link for one of those for my car cause i cant find anything

65

Jsyk, i got the car for 1000$ cheeper because of a loose connection :)

3,045

SO DOES THAT MEAN YOU HAVE BOOST ON DEMAND ? the thing you were talking about is called the waste gate .and yes it's part of the turbo ,but it's controlled by turbo boost pressure and electronics ( rate of ignition timing advance ,plus the knock sensor and the o2 sensor in the exhaust as well as the wheel sensors front to back ... skid control ) the electronic end of it slows down what would be a screamer performance wise and makes it idiot proof so you don't do dounuts on every wet on ramp you go around when you get on the interstate or when you put shit grade fuel in it instead of premium ... OK / pbn

3,045

as for your discount on your car .... WAY TO HAGGLE BAYBY ... ANY WAY , putting low grade fuel in a turbo car is a no no .... it will run better with good 92 or 93 octane .. the knock sensor lets it have more boost with higher octane fuel ...PBN