Car wont start seemed like a battery issue but second guessing now

Asked by Feb 06, 2015 at 09:13 AM about the 2007 Chrysler Sebring 4 Dr Limited

So my moms fairly new car for a few months would not start and the battery had to keep getting Jump-started, so we got a brand new battery the expensive one to handle all situations (mind the battery that was already in the car was fairly new also about 6 months old) and now the car is still in its current problematic state. even with a new battery it wont start and needs to be jump started.. and this is unreliable if we have running around to do. any ideas on what it might be...? i know with my old car 1992 Saturn SL2 i had this issue and it turned out it was the Temperature sensor. wasn't getting enough volts and shut my car down for good till it was replaced.. I don't know if the sebring might have same issue?

35,765

Sounds like a bad starter. Try this: The next time it doesn't start, jack up the car. Locate the starter. Have someone hold the key to the start position like they are starting the car. As they hold the key, rap on the starter with a hammer. If the car suddenly turns over, you have a bad starter and it needs replacement. Temp sensor wouldn't affect the starter.

Ok that sounds like a good plan i will give this a try tomorrow and post back if it is the starter! thanks so much!