what does it mean when your engine light comes on and it feels like its powering down but your battery is still good?

Asked by Jul 01, 2013 at 12:25 AM about the 2007 Chrysler Sebring Base

check engine light came on when I was driving and it felt like it was stalling or powering down...had autozone test battery and they said it was fine as well as the alternator

225

Get an ECU to pinpoint your problem Also some quick tips Fuel Flow Sensor dirty Not all spark plugs are working properly- to check and verify turn your car on and pull one plug out and listen if it reacts, it should be the sound of it losing power and you will no but if the engine remains the same then you have a spark plug not giving a spark Also pull ONE out at a time and put it back in before checking the next one its supposed be procedure ONE AT A TIME because it will be more accurate Mis fire Has your car been going through regular oil changes

237,575

Go back to autozone and have them plug a code scanner into the car to get the code. They do this for free, post the code here.