1995 Chevrolet Lumina LS Turn Signal Issue

Asked by Aug 03, 2015 at 06:45 PM about the 1995 Chevrolet Lumina 4 Dr LS Sedan

Hi, I just bought a 1995 Chevy Lumina about a week ago. It only has 63000 miles and
has been meticulously maintained. An elderly woman owned it her whole life before
me. I noticed that when you go to turn the blinker on, it wont blink or turn the signal on
unless the turn signal arm is held. You cant just flick it down or up for it to work, you
have to hold it until you finish your turn. I was told the whole turn signal arm needed
replacing. I was just wondering if it was actually the turn signal arm and if its a difficult
fix? Thank you.

1,595

The turn signal switch is part of the arm assembly. The switch is broke. Not to hard to do .need temper Prof torx bits I think .

5

my car did that after sitting for three years but after i kept using it for a while it eventually stuck on if you can still hold it and it turn signals then just deal with that for a awhile and it might fix it self those contacts get worn out and dusty or whatever so if there is a lot of dust on that stick that is the turn signal; try to take a Q-tip or two and maybe some pressureized air to blow that dust out alot of the problems i have with my twenty year old chevy can sometimes fix themselves. but if not you may have to replace that whole turn signal assembly but give other things a try first until it stops working at all then you wanna get it fixed asap cuz if not for the tickets you could get the accident that might happen because of the signal could be worse. Just drive causious as possible ohhh and if after it dont stay on just flick it up and down to show your signalig then you can avoid a ticket and an accident just a bit more work on your end but donrt be lazy or stupid

5

oopss i didnt quite read your post but that sound like you need to clean those sensor cuz if they werent dirty you should be able to flick it up and down but since they probally are dirty then it onyl works when you hold it soooo think about it its electrical if a wire is connected it should work but if it doesnt stay blinkin its probably dirtyt, oh and does the turn signal want to flick back when you turn iot left or right like you kinda have to hold it there then if thats whats up you more than likely will have to replace it it probally wouldnt be to much to spend it you can do it your self but if you have the money and arent too mechanically inclined pay someone it will save time and a super frustrating headache, GOOD LUCK keep me posted!