My lumina dies but will immediately start back up, I have been told that the type of fuel pump I have that it could be getting overheated and shutting down momentarily is this true

Asked by Jul 06, 2014 at 07:18 PM about the 1995 Chevrolet Lumina 4 Dr LS Sedan

13,705

Have you changed out the fuel pump? Is it still original factory install? If original, check the fuel filters. If you can get to it, find out the manufacture and see if it is designed for you vehicle. Chances are it is. Is there a fuse connecting the fuel p;ump? Change it out for a new one and see if that resolves the problem. If you can, clean the fuse contacts in the fuse box for a good electrical connection. There also may be a slight hole in the EFI that causes an air bubble to get into the system. It can be checked with a pressure check of the system. When it dies, is it just after start up or is it consistent when you come to a stop. Does it do it when driving down the street or roadway? These are questions that a good mechanic will ask to try to isolate the problem. Don't spend hundreds of dollars to change out the fuel pump and then still have the same issue.