Why does water/coolant leak from my 1995 Chevy Corica from what appears to be a drain hose on the firewall behind the engine

Asked by Nov 01, 2014 at 01:03 AM about the 1995 Chevrolet Corsica 4 Dr STD Sedan

I've recently gotten a 1995 Chevrolet Corsica from my sister.  Today I noticed water leaked from a hose at the firewall.  I drove the car 17 miles today and it didn't run hot.  It appears that the water leaks mostly when engine isn't running  If I let the car sit for a while and then drive (without adding water) the engine will begin to run hot and the heater begins to stop working, but as soon as I add water, the engine immediately cools down and heater works great?

112,405

Sounds like your heater core has a leak and needs to be replaced.

Is there anyway to isolate the heater core to stop the leak