1995 Chevy Cavalier won't start

Asked by Oct 18, 2014 at 08:06 PM about the 1995 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan FWD

I just replaced the motor with a used block. there is one sensor that is located at the bottom of the motor in the back that I don't have a wire to and I am not sure what it is or if it is related. The motor is from a newer car but I'm not sure which year. 2.2 l motor. I can spray starter fluid in the throttle body and it starts and runs fine as long as I keep spraying. I have fuel to the injectors and once warm it will run on it's own accord. However, when I step on the gas it acts like it is starved for gas. It has a new timing chain and spark is good.

Sound,s like you don,t have good fuel pressure,check filter and pump.

I know through the filter I have flow as soon as the key turns on. I also have flow at the fuel pressure regulator but only when the engine cranks.

There is no test port on the fuel rail to hook up a pressure gauge. Any ideas how to tap in?

Yes,it can be done with the inline pressure kit,at the filter location,remove filter,and it hook,s in there,

Best Answer Mark helpful

Thanks, Any idea what the pressure should be?

I replaced both the fuel pump and filter but it made no difference. There is some sort of round screw in sensor on the back of the block that wasn't on the original motor. Not sure what it is but it is located at the bottom of the block and isn't connected to anything. Could this have anything to do with it?

Crank Position maybe? It is near the knock sensor