i just got a 2006 kia sorento i found a wire jumped in the fuse box under the hood it for the injectors they have it jumped to anther fuse for power ? any ideas

10

Asked by Feb 04, 2016 at 03:11 PM about the 2006 Kia Sorento LX 4WD

10

if i pull the jumper wire off the car will not start so their is no power to the injector fuse post

58,535

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

10

Yes I get that but it makes the check engine light come on and that's the code it showed so not sure how to get the light off for inspection

58,535

Ok, what was the code? And yes if that wire runs to power the injectors, it is in the wrong spot. Fuel injector voltage runs like 5 to 8 DCV and is varied by the PCM for the amount of fuel to be dumped into the engine. So the injectors are running full blast. Your are probably getting a code relating to a rich condition. Wonder why someone hooked it up there...

10

P0560

10

Already tested the battery and the alternator and they are good

58,535

I am looking for a wiring diagram for the injectors.

10

Ok thank you

58,535

Possible causes po560....> - Low battery charge - Battery defective - Loose or missing alternator drive belt - Faulty alternator - Open or short system voltage circuit Tech notes Start by recharging or replacing the battery. What does this mean? What does this mean? When is the code detected? The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) sets DTC P0560 if the voltage after Main Relay is lower than a predetermined threshold after ignition key-on or higher than a predetermined threshold after ignition key-off. Possible symptoms - Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light) - Slow engine start - Low battery power P0560 Kia Description The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) measures the voltage from ignition key and from main relay respectively and compares two voltages. This comparison will watch if the Main Relay has switched and remains on after ignition Key-On and if it has switched off after the ignition Key-Off.

58,535

So you say that the wire hooked to a fuse runs to the injectors? I can't post the wiring diagram, it is copy write, but just what I said, the power is coming from ECU (computer) for the injectors. I am thinking that wire in the fuse box is suppose to be hooked into the main relay, I think that wire powers the ECU and the ECU reads if there is voltage for when the key is on and off. Thus the ECU may be powered at all times where it is hooked up, that or injectors, thus throwing the po560 code. So I would have someone look at it to wire it write.

10

Their is a jumper from the power windows fuse to the injector fuse if I pull the jumper off the car dies so that tell me their is no power to the part that holds the injector fuse

10

Maybe a broken wire or caroded wire in the fuse block it self ?

58,535

I don't know, I would trace that wire back to were it ends up, but you said it runs to the injectors. There is a power wire for each injector tho. Sure that wire just doesn't run back the ECU?

10

It's only jumped in the fuse block window fuse feeding the injector fuse

58,535

I see, so it is that wire supplying the power TO the injector circuit. My suspicion is that is why the code is popping up, too much voltage, 12V when it should be 5 to 8V. If you are to continue, that wire would have to be eliminated, and start tracing back the the ECU from the fuse box to see why there is no power there.

10

Ok I'll check it out tomorrow and get back to you thank you very much

58,535

When it comes to wiring, I pull my hair out also...

10

It's a pain sometimes