AC blower doesn't work and left turn signal doesn't work

Asked by Apr 19, 2013 at 12:08 PM about the 2006 Kia Amanti FWD

I have a 2006 Kia Amanti.  The left turn signal quit working.  We replaced the bulb but it
still doesn't work.  Then about a week ago, the ac quit working.  You can hear the
fan/blower does not come on.  My brother was looking at it, checked the fuses (all ok)
and then slammed the glove box and it came on again.  Do you think the AC is the
blower needs to be replaced?  Any ideas on the turn signal?  I have read perhaps the
bulb socket in the back but can't seem to locate that part online to find a price idea for
it.  My brother who works for a garage said he thought perhaps the turn signal switch
but everything else works fine- the wipers and the right turn signal so I don't think that's
the problem given that that is an all in one plate type part (I've looked that one up).  Any
ideas would be helpful.  Thanks!

109,115

"Do you think the AC is the blower needs to be replaced?" - yes, you need a replacement HVAC blower motor. The brushes wear out and when the glove box was slammed, they made contact. You can check the electrical connection to see if the motor is getting power. --- On the turn signal or any other part, check it out before replacing parts based on what was read on the internet. Trust but verify. On some cars, you can turn on the hazard warning light to check all four bulbs before replacing any. You can also check the socket with a meter to see if power is getting to the socket. If both front and rear turn signals are out, it might be the multi function switch.