security

Asked by Dec 28, 2006 at 01:16 PM about the 1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

my camaro's secuirty light comes on whenever i try to start it. The odd thing is that i only have this problem when the teperatures outside are cold. my key doesn't look weathered and the starter is new.....any ideas
Thanks
I Love my Camaro

425

In my Camaro my security always comes on when I start it, but then a second or two later it will go out. The factory security system is part of the cars CPU so if it were your key or the contacts(which will break after awhile,I just replaced one)the car would not start at all.I really don't have any idea about why the cold air would have anything to do with this problem.If the car does not start when you see this problem then chances are the contacts in the switch are bad.They are very tiny wires that make contact with the chip on the key.This is one option that I really wish GM would have left out. I hope that this helps in some way. If you have any more details about the problem please let me know and I will do all i can to get you a better answer. Terry

4,525

This is a common problem on GM vehicles. I have been dealing with these systems for years. Through much trial and error i have found that BYPASSING these systems is alot more cost effective than trying to diagnose and fix them. The cost is too high and mechanics tend to replace as many things as they can before fixing it. Here is a link to educate and guide you in the right direction. This IS something you can fix yourself and once bypassed will NEVER be an issue again. http://vatspasslockpasskeysecurityhelp.yolasite.com/