Am I crazy?

Asked by Nov 15, 2013 at 11:55 AM about the 1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Convertible

I have a 95 Camaro Z28 Convertible with the 6 Speed Manual, all stock, pretty much every factory option available on that car that year, 42k miles, body is in great shape (not showroom new, but great for a 18-19 year old car) and all the expensive maintenance stuff has been done (plugs, wires, replace the fuel pump, etc.). I bought it almost 3 years ago with 39k miles. I've been trying to sell it since I never drive it, even when I do drive it I live a mile from where I work so the car still doesn't really go anywhere. It's polo metallic green with a tan top and tan leather interior. I've had it listed as low as $7,500 with ZERO action on it. I don't want to give the car away, and I have it listed like 2k cheaper than anything comparable. Am I crazy for thinking this car should fetch at least what I'm asking for it, or has the value of these just died for some reason?

run this again with a photo for us to look at...the judge will have a chance at rendering judgement, then~

Here you go

96,825

These cars got a bad rap due to the fact that they are hard to work on, like putting the distributor in front of the engine and so low you can just barely see it, plus the engine getting partially covered by the cowling. So only die hard Camaro lovers would want one. As far as selling one right now, I'd advertise it until Christmas, if it doesn't get any response then I'd sit on it until the weather starts to warm up. These cars out here in Oregon are running around 7 to 8 thousand but convertibles don't fair well out here.

246,435

Lower the price. guides list it as $6400 retail, so figure $5500 private party sale. If you think it is worth more, then I suggest doing what tennisshoes recommends. Post it in the Camaro forum classifieds.

Glad we could help ye~...only RIGHT guys here~

those tires and rims would last about two seconds in Clearlake, CA, the POOREST town in California...no streetlights, no pavement and an occasional "pan-puncher"...my MINI hates it here and asks that I please take the Truck~

you fancy people with your "pavement" and actual streets instead of the dusty surface of the moon~...you are all spoiled with your "streets" and such~

I appreciate the input from everyone. At $5,500 I would probably just hang on to it. I'll probably give a Camaro forum classified site a go in the spring.