where can I find the chassis number on my 1995 van ( NOT the VIN number, but tha chassis number please. Someone said it was driver side, in front of front wheel but I can't find it

80

Asked by Mar 09, 2010 at 08:24 AM about the 1995 Chevrolet Astro Passenger Van Extended

As said, I am trying to find the chassis number for my 1994/95 astro. I know where the vin number is, but on my official docs some idiot has put the ID down as the chassis number, and then said it can be found left side driver side front frame in front of wheel, but I can't see the stupid thing. I need this as it's number the Government have put on the log book, and they won't do anything untill I find this number that maches the paperwork> if was the vin then no problem, but I need this chassis number! Driving me nuts

35

im actually a factory trained tech, just google your VIN number. you'll find a breakdown of everything you would ever want to know about it

80

I have checked this on the web and there are 1000,s of sites all saying they can check the VIN, but give little information. Is there an official Chevy site I can go to to get my info. My VIN is 1GBDM19W1SB149659 All I am after is what is the Chassis number, Just to make things even more odd, I have found a plate on the fire wall or bulk head in the engine bay which says GM chassis number, and that is completely different from the one on my documantation. Now I am getting scared! what the hell is going on as my Chassis number on the documents say it is 41 541681 And a note I have to customs saying it is located on the left side driver side front frame, in front of the the wheel, not where the plate I fuond is. spooky stuff! I have had a quick look and can see squat! grrrrrr Any help opn the please!!! thanks

80

Thanks for the help, the chassis number has now been found, as instructed, driver side, on a welded chassis member just in front of the wheel, it's actually almost facing the engine bay if you turn the wheel far to the felt and it's 6 numbers long. If anyone else has the same problem, it may help

5

Hi there, I have a '95 Astro conversion, UK registered and im trying to register it in another country. The reg office checked the van and said they could only find the VIN in the usual place on the dash but they couldnt locate it anywhere on the body. They said with US cars they often dont put the VIN on the body, just on the dash. Does anyone know if the VIN is also located somewhere on the body/engine etc? I dont want to spend €100 for them to put another VIN plate on it if they just missed it... Thanks so much

20

i need to find the VIN body chassis number of my 2003 chevrolet tahoe. can somebody please help me?