p0102 MAF sensor low input. NEED HELP

Asked by Feb 29, 2016 at 01:51 PM about the 1996 Chevrolet Tahoe 2 Dr LS 4WD SUV

MAF sensor code p0102 low input comes up. Replaced the MAF Sensor has a
good ground and the positive is good putting out 5v. Cleaned out throttle
body,no vacuum leak. code still coming up after erased.

72,355

Check the intake manifold bolts, make sure they are just snug, I would not go more than 15 ft. lbs. torque on them, Vortec intakes known to leak. Here is whats what with the code P0102 CHEVROLET - Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Low Input... Possible causes... - Faulty mass air flow sensor - Intake air leaks - Dirty mass air flow sensor - Dirty mass air filter - Mass air flow sensor harness is open or shorted - Mass air flow sensor circuit poor electrical connection.. Some Tech notes... Before replacing the mass air flow sensor, try replacing the air filter and cleaning the air flow sensor with low compress air or mass air flow sensor cleaner. Reset code and drive vehicle. If the code comes back, it may be necessary to replaced the mass air flow sensor.. This DTC sets when the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) detects that the Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor frequency is below a predetermined value. Possible symptoms... - Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light) - Engine stall - Engine running rough - Excessive fuel consumption - Excessive smoke P0102 Chevrolet Description.... The Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor measures the amount of air ingested by the engine. The direct measurement of the air entering the engine is more accurate than calculating the airflow from the Manifold Absulte Pressure (MAP), the Intake Air Temperature (IAT), and the engine speed (speed/density). The MAF sensor has a battery feed, a ground, and a signal circuit. The MAF sensor used on this engine is a hot wire type. This engine uses the MAF sensor in order to measure air flow rate. The MAF output frequency is a function of the power required to keep the air flow sensing elements (hot wires) at a fixed temperature above the ambient temperature. Air flowing through the sensor cools the sensing elements. The amount of cooling is proportional to the amount of air flow. The MAF sensor requires a greater amount of current in order to maintain the hot wires at a constant temperature as the air flow increases. The MAF sensor converts the changes in current draw to a frequency signal read by the Powertrain Control Module (PCM). The PCM calculates the air flow (grams per second) based on this signal. The PCM monitors the MAF sensor frequency. The PCM determines if the sensor is stuck low, stuck high, not providing the airflow value expected for a given operating condition, or that the signal appears to be stuck based on a lack of signal variation expected during the normal operation. This diagnostic tests for too low an airflow rate.