i need the fastest and easiest way to disable the scurity system on my 96 lumina

30

Asked by Jun 02, 2015 at 11:10 PM about the 1996 Chevrolet Lumina 4 Dr LS Sedan

i changed the ignition switch oin my 965 lumina, it hasnt started sense. i dont haved pass
code to the car so i need to disable the bsystem alltogather or get tghe factory code for
my car to make the bypass wire to startr my car

86,545

Replacing the ignition switch should not have caused this. Was it the key and tumblers that you replaced? If it was then you will have to get the replacement key chip reprogrammed to your vehicle.

30

no shit, so your telling me theres no way t]oi disable the security system or are you judst not telling that you dont have a clue and you dont want to look stupid to your buddys. all i want to know is do you know how to disable the system or not

30

if you caqnt answer my simple qustion then why are opening your mouth and causing me even more problems? this is serious.i need my car to run. im disan'bled and cant aford to pasy to have my cae=r fixed. so either answer my question or shut your mouth

86,545

Boy what a whiner, get it through your head that there are ignition switches and ignition cylinders what one did you replace? One more rag and I'll report you. Keep it civil.

30

thats what i thought all smartass and to stupid to really help someone that really needs help. why dont you try tro help instead of just being a smaetass and pissing off the people that wouldnt be asking you for help if they knew how to do what they are asking.

30

what report me because you dont know the answers or report me to shut me up becasuse you dont want anyone to know that you cant answer without looking stupid

86,545

At the base of the steering column there will be two brown wires with a white or orange tracer depending on the build date of you car and the factory, using your old key and an ohm meter measure the resistance of the chip, after your have that resistance purchase a resistor of that exact restance and cut the wire and solder it into place, that disables the system.

30

report me stupid. im not the one that didnt answer my qustion. i didnt ask you about ignision systems did i. i belive i ask if you knew how to disable the security system didnt i? now your gonna report me because you got caught being to stupid to answer my qustion. why dont you get a job that your smart enough to do like car wash or oil change so you can at least stay at the bottom of the auto jobs instead of trying to play like you know the answerrs go aead and report me. you still cant anwer my qustion and proving im right

86,545

Guess you can't read.

30

i kinow all of this. what i dont know is what the cars computor thinhks is the right omns . my car got stpolen remember. distroyed colum me peplascing all thre messed up paets. i cant just guess now can i, now one more time im asking the same question do you know how nto disable the security system or not

86,545

This chart is for any GM product, Buick, Cadillac, Oldsombile, Chevrolet, and Pontiac that has a VATS key (single or double-sided.) VATS # (K)OHMS (Set your meter to the 20k ohm setting) 1———— 0.402 2———— 0.523 3———— 0.681 4————-0.887 5————-1.130 6————-1.470 7————-1.870 8————-2.370 9————-3.010 10————3.740 11————4.750 12————6.040 13————7.500 14————9.530 15————11.801 This is what I have as far as resistance readings, without your old key it is trial and error. But this is the best I can do.

30

im not the one not answering my qustion nyou are playing smart but your to stupid to know the snswer or you cant figure out how to get out of anjswering my qustion without getting busted at being stupid, now what was my qauestion agin?": bet you dont evedn know what the qustion is do you. now do you know how to disable the system or how to get my cars pass code for my car. did you catch that i need the cars pass coded NOT the new keys pass code. think before you look stupid agin, my car will not accept the new keys code now will it. OKEY now do you know hows to disable the system or make the cars computor accept gthe new keys code without reflashing the computor or taking my car to a shop to get ripped of

86,545

OK someone else jump in here, apparently he just doesn' t get the resistance table. Yes to keep it factory you will have to get it reflashed, that should have been in the instructions that came with the new parts.

60,875

You need the original ignition key. There were 15 different possibilities for the chip on the key. Measure the resistance across the chip with an ohm meter, post the value you get, or PM me and I can tell you what number key you need. But in order for this to work you need the original ignition key. Your VATS (Vehicle Anti Theft System) key should have a chip on it like in the picture. I'd also suggest replacing the lock cylinder on the column that you got from the junk yard. There's 2 tiny wires that tend to break and lose contact with the chip. You'll use the template supplied with the new lock cylinder kit to cut the correct VATS key blank. On a side note, this is a public forum. Because of this even if there is a way to bypass any security system it would be extremely irresponsible to discuss it here. I'm sure that you aren't trying to steal a 20 year old Chevy, but someone else could use the information to steal, say a mint condition Corvette, Cadillac, etc. I hope you understand and refrain from additional harsh comments. We're here to help you but I think I can speak for everyone on this forum when I say that we won't be a part of car theft! HTH. -Jim

30

theres no way to mkake my car accept the new key unless i gtuess how many resisters i need to fix my problem, are you sure i cant just use the new key by turning it the run posision the off the run agin then run then start it. or just turn key to run until securty light goes off then nrepet that step 3 times then start the car, or just conect the power leeds to the injectors and the fuel pump nand the starter.and the ignition then try ans start it

60,875

Unfortunately no. That procedure is for a different GM security system called Passkey. With Passkey you do not have a visible chip on the key. You have a transponder key. The transponder key has a tiny chip hidden in the head of the key. A good locksmith or your local Chevy dealer should be able to read the original key for you. HTH. -Jim

30

Every part i replaced came from a salvage yard.they dont supply the info i need to start my car. okay now i cant afford to bhave this car reflashed nor reporgram nmy system to make my car run..

60,875

There's no reflashing or reprogramming involved with this system. It's just a matter of getting the correct key blank so that the computer will realize that you're using the correct key and enable the starter. I have a '94 Fleetwood that uses the same VATS system. I had to have my ignition lock cylinder replaced 2 years ago. The Chevy dealer was able to determine that I needed a VATS key blank number 7 to start the car again. They read the resistance value of the chip on my original ignition key and, using a chart (which I have a copy of), determined that #7 was correct for my car. You just need the correct key blank. HTH. -Jim

30

OK.yoiur telling me its my fault my car got stolen or ytour tellking me you dont knbow how to disablw the system asnd calling me a car theif to cover the fact that you dont know the answer like i told youy all aloing. I bought and paied or my car with my money. and you have the balls to call me a car thief instead of trying to help bfigure out a way to fix thi9s problem.. i think you dont know how to help me.. and i can give you8 my personal number and address and criminal report. and moms word that im a disabled vett thats just cant aford to pay someone to screw me at a shop. you just asumed that im a car theif and dont care about our countrys vetts or there problems. thats fine, us vetts make it possible for tyou and yours to enjoy the bfreedoms that no other contry has .. this is how you treat your cvountrys vetts. thats the way to really show us how you really think about us vetts. you think because we gave up yourblives and freedoms for our county.that we deserve to be treated like we dont matter or your showing me and all vetts that we are all theifs and cerminals and dont deserver yoiu help,

30

and how much di9d this dealer charge you to do this amazing thbing for you? i tell you what.im going to stopp asking nfor your help. im also going to infoem every vettg i know and every vett program and sevices for vetts not to use your answer site for reasons of pregustness.

30

not one straight answer to my question and i was called a thief on top of that.im guessing none of you so called experts or smart guys can figure out aq way to prove that there is a way to help me without it costing me my first born child to help me fix my car.

30

thanks for making me feel like it was worth the price i paid for nyou to keep enjoying your freeedoms and libertys while showing me that you could care less about my problems. im not stupid.ok ni know theres a failsafe in every system . i dont have the origenal key ok. GM wont give me the info i need because i didnt buy the car from them. so at least help me figure out how to disable the vat system or go around it before im forced to junk a very good car that if that happens i will nevere be able to aford another car to replaced it

7,590

what an imagination, reread what the guys already told you, your answers are there, I can witness to that, and while walking to the psychiatrist, thinking this over, you may want to go read it again, or have someone read it to you. Ultimately, showing this to your doctor can help them help you. My diagnosis is complications with ptsd....get well soon, my friend. These guys did not build it, break it or buy it. Give your opinion to the seller, not the helper please.....ps, have a nice day.

148,415

No Clifford you're not stupid. People with learning disabilities are of average or above average intelligence. You have a Language Processing Disorder

7,590

Don't forget manifestation of observation and persecution simplex 2