Why is my battery draining so fast?

Asked by Jul 19, 2013 at 11:54 PM about the 1996 Chevrolet Lumina 4 Dr LS Sedan

I have a 1996 chevy lumina and I've kept pretty good maintenance on it. It stopped working for a while but I just put in a new alternator in it and its been running better. But now the battery is getting drained faster than normal. I don't know whether it is a mechanical issue or an electrical issue.

112,035

How old is battery? Also check all battery connection positive and negative to in sure they are tight and clean. Also check battery negative connection to frame and motor. Check alternatior output voltage it should be somewhere around 14.5 volts. Check it a right at alternator and at the battery terminals.

i agree some thing is draining your batt usually on gm products the ground from the battery to the fender is broken