How long does it take to replace inttake gasket on a 9 Cebu luminaan would this part make my car miss an jump??

Asked by Feb 11, 2013 at 11:22 PM about the 1996 Chevrolet Lumina 4 Dr LS Sedan

depends on who's doin the surgery. for me at least one weekend plus. them things are a pain in the butt to work on. Lumina is all that I could grab. yours is a strange english using intake with two tees 'inttake' and a 9 cebu? really don't know quite what you're trying to tell us, but yes this buggy is a pain. a job that I wouldn't take and probably would charge eight hundred before I picked up a wrench~

Would this part make my car miss an jump while yr on the gas?

cold, hot or anytime, sounds like a thermoswitch if cold, and if hot possibly an EGR valve (most common and troublesome) hope this "quicky" diagnosis will help you. get back if it's worth a salt. or press the "mark helpful" if it is.

oh yes, the intake gasket, what did you allow it to get hot and not check the coolant? 'miss a jump'...you must be a brit? yes, my limey pal, this is a big job, bring a bottle of wine, some sausage and some bicuits for the cat doin' the repair.

19,295

These cars are known for the intake gaskets failing. Yes, it can make is skip

Best Answer Mark helpful

don't forget the cheese, will make the job easier, camembert or gouda with some euphrates and a bottle of california cabernon...this will lube him up for this 'ow my neck' festivity that's going to occur. Sorry you've got to deal with this properly engineered GM beauty!