transmission wont shift out of park.

10

Asked by Mar 15, 2017 at 11:34 AM about the 1996 Chevrolet Corsica 4 Dr STD Sedan

my 1996 corsica with motor running and brake pedal depressed will not shift
out of park the shifter button feels like it is not fully compressing.

73,005

There is something wrong with the shift interlock solenoid by the shifter. Just have to get at it, a lot of the time a wire breaks off the solenoid. Another thing to check is the brake light switch. It is tied into the shift interlock system.

10

I have already changed the brake light switch and neutral safety switch.Iwill check the shift interlock solenoid thank you for your help.