No power at PCM/Inj fuse

390

Asked by Nov 02, 2013 at 03:26 PM about the 1996 Chevrolet Cavalier LS

I have a 96 cavalier 2.2 with a no start condition. I haveput a noid light and spark tester on engine and there is no flashing light on NOID and no spark at tester. I check the fuses under the hood and all are fine, I then check the fuse block on left side dash panel and have no power with a test light at the PCM fuse. I do have power on other fuses, so I know the test light s good. I do not have a schematic for this car, I cannot tell where to look for the open wire, or where this fuse gets its power from. Any help would be appreciated.

390

Correction, no power at the IGN/PCM fuse

now we're starting to get somewhere~

okay this is from a 2002 cavalier but perhaps is applicable...shows a PCM 10 or 20 amp fuse~

okay a 10 amp fuse (how delicate~) see if the 96 still has this relay box~?

390

I checked the fuse under hood in the second diagram, all is good there. Just got nothing at the inside fuse block. I was thinking this should be an always hot lead on one side of this fuse correct? And thanks for the quick answers BTW :-) It is a 10amp fuse under the hood.

390

I checked fuses again, and the first two rows is no power to the first two rows in the picture below, I do not know if they are all "hot in run" or "hot all the time". I checked the fusible links at the starter to see if that was an issue. If these are all linked together, I need to see what if they are fed off a common link and where that would be.

fourth from the bootom on the left...aina~?

390

The fuses circled are the ones without any power. The CLS/PCM fuse does have power.

390

Issue found.Open in pink wire from ignition switch to fuse block, this fed all those fuses. The car was running fine last night, and my daughter had tilted the steering wheel when she got out of the car. i was able to duplicate it myself, so it was an intermittent open. Thanks for the assistance.

390

I found a schematic online and with that I was able to determine it had to be the pink sire since all the other items fed off the switch worked.

Doooooh~ :|

50

no answer but I have a 2000 cavalier and turn my car off at the copy shop and when try to crank absolutely no power from the ignition anywhere in the car. my car is dead as a door nail. Is there a master fuse that could be blown? Also have a brand new battery in the car. Appreciate any help I can get.

50

Reade comment above and please give answer.

20

KEVINVIGG hit it right on the head. I was having that exact same issue. followed what kevinvigg said, and found a bad ignition wire. replaced the ignition ,wire side, for 45 bucks at oreilly auto, car is working fine now. Thanks Kevin!