horse power

45

Asked by Jun 06, 2008 at 09:20 PM about the 1996 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 Coupe FWD

i wanna get more power but i dont wanna take the engine its self apart i cant use nitrous or turbo's so if you can help answer please do

65

you can upgrade your ignition. hotter spark plugs. higher voltage coil. larger MM plug wires. maybe K&N intake. www.jcwhitney.com,www.summitracing.com they have alot of parts for cars there.

25

go to j-body.org and go under the forums for engine and stuff like that. Best place to look

35

you can use turbo but you have to modify the manifold ...

515

Rk sport.com is a good one two exhaust with a nice header and intake and a ecm either chip or programmer or both there all easy to install fairly inexpensive won't hurt driveability too much and the car will run strong for a cavalier coils and plugs are nice but the price vs gained power is too much

515

by intake (I know you said you didn't wanna take the motor apart) I ment high flow filter and tube running to throttle body oh and a bigger throttle body or a high performance mass air flow sensor (depending on which motor you have) do all I mention and it'll run real good but don't use a k&N filter there junk the oil thats it put on them destroys mass air sensors and baro meters (you either have on or the other)

75

the only good advice you have got here is to go to jbody.org most of the mods suggest here you are not going to get much gains besides the turbo idea of course. my .02 is the gm supercharger its a little harder to setup on a pre 2000 jbody but more reliable and most likely goin to be easier then a turbo setup check out the org they have tons of info

35

you could always put an short ram intake or a cold air intake on. I personally have an AEM cold air intake on my cavi and when i drove it for the first time after we installed it i could tell that it made a difference to the HP of my car.

35

or maybe a throttle body spacer.. or you could chip your car.

75

throttle body spacer wont do a thing and he cant chip his car since its OBII,and dont tell me you can, those ebay resistors are useless