Odd smell in the car and how to change the clock

Asked by Lesliej Feb 04, 2014 at 01:49 PM about the 2002 Jaguar S-TYPE 4.0L V8 RWD

I am looking at purchasing a 2002 S Type (low mileage) and wonder about an oil smell once the car has been driven for a little while.  The current owner is fastidious about cars and had his mechanic check it thoroughly for any leaks/issues and could find none - any ideas?  Also, how do I change the dang clock?!?! That should be easy but I can't figure it out!

25

If you have the gps option, just press the menu button ,2nd from the top on the right side or the screen, and then select clock; and press the up or down touch screen arrow above the hour or minute till your time is set and hit enter. I have owned from new 3 S-Types V-8, and never had any oil smell issues? May be the dealer really does a better job with service and doesn't spill the oil during the oil change?

The smell was there with the previous owner from the first day he drove it so I'm thinking a small oil leak is the first thing to investigate. Thanks for the tip and I'll go change my clock. now!