I don't hear fuel pump when key is turned on like I used to. What are the chances of the problem being in electrical system or pump it self

Asked by Mar 07, 2013 at 09:39 AM about the 1991 Buick Skylark Custom Sedan

car stalled all of a sudden. won't start and I do not hear the pump when I turn key on like
I used to.Could it be something other than pump or most likely the pump?

check the fuse.

100,745

Twenty two year old... I would guess that the fuel pump needs replacing. Check the fuse and relay before dropping the tank.

100,555

I'm with tenspeed on this one, if it is the pump make sure you replace all of the filters, one in the tank with the pump and the main line fuel filter.

7,705

^time to replace the fuel filter^ ..if that does not work the fuel pump is next.

Mine did that a year ago stopped finally died. Changed the mass air flow sensors and the part it bolts on to. It would die, start and die again. Replaced the fuel pump and a whole lot of parts to no avail.

Replaced fuel pump replaced fuel pump relay and still won't star