My 91 buick skylark 3.3 has a gurggling sound when I start the car. It sounds like water. I just put a new water pump on and was wondering if I need to bleed the system and how if need bee?

Asked by Mar 29, 2013 at 07:54 AM about the 1991 Buick Skylark Custom Coupe

Could it be the power steering pump? does it gurgle more when you accelerate, or does it go away?

there should be a shroeder valve near the heater core just for the purpose of bleedin' the air out of your cooling loop. take a look to see that it is there and not a part of my vivid imagination.

94,825

You're hearing water passing through the heater core. How's the coolant level? If it's a V6, there should be a bleeder. Here's a link that might do it - http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/faq.php? faq=maint_repair#faq_cooling_serv

94,825

On the back of the water pump is a black metal tube, about 1" diameter by about 6" tall, Welded to this tube is a thinner tube that runs horizontally in front of the engine and eventually connects to the t'stat housing (on the back of the engine, car left). On top of the black tube is a pair of hex-headed fasteners, that's the bleeder. Hold the larger/lower hex still with one wrench, and turn the smaller/upper hex until coolant just starts to dribble out. Tighten the bleed screw. The system is bled, and the level of coolant is right at the 'Full -Cold' mark on the reservoir. Drive around and bleed it again.