my car seem s to surge slightly,as soon as transmission shifts into overdrive.Car is a 1992 skylark gs,with 3.3 engine

Asked by May 28, 2016 at 11:56 AM about the 1992 Buick Skylark Gran Sport Sedan

93,045

You could be feeling a slight EGR flutter, or a torque converter shutter, you can try disconnecting the EGR valve and drive it too see if it goes away, if it does then replace the EGR valve, if it doesn't then reconnect the EGR valve and find the lock up torque converter electrical connector and drive again, if it no longer shutters then you have a torque converter lockup clutch or seals going bad. You might want to try a product called Torque Converter Shutter Stop and put it in the tranny. If you want to try that stuff reconnect the the connector and put it in and drive it as it says in the instructions, if you don't want too try it then just leave it unplugged, you will loose the lockup and possibly a little fuel mileage. HTH