wiring diagram

Asked by Mar 03, 2007 at 08:47 PM about the 1996 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

I was driving.  I stopped & shut down.  20 minutes later I tried to start it & nothing - no juice (electric) getting to the starter.  None, it wasn't clicking or doing anything.  I believe it's isolated between the ignition switch & the starter.  It has the key w/ the chip in it for anti-theft.  Some of those, I thought, turn the fuel pump off & some shut down the starter with the anti-theft/security system in it, but I guess that still leaves a bunch of places & other relay-type electrical/wiring, maybe, that it could still be, but if you could give me some ideas I'd sure be happy.  

Thanks in advance,
Vayle

Superfluous fluff: I have a great '05 Dakota 4x4, but I miss my "throw-ya-back"  horsepower!  I generally get better mpg w/ the sooped-up LT1 350ci engine in the Camaro if I keep my foot out of it some!  "27 mpg hiway; 18 city" I've read on 'em & I've never gotten worse than 20mpg even w/ the after-market ram-jet air, Holly fuel injector, & Edlebrock stainless headers & valve cover setup, etc.

10

This is an idea just to check but see if the security key is in. It should be somewhere on the leftside of the dash near the door towards the bottom. In my friends car some how her's ended up popping out and that will stop your car from stopping, or better yet could even be the battery. Check by using the lights.