my car will shift into drive and reverse but wont move once its in gear and i hear a clicking noise under the hood when i turn the car off

Asked by Nov 20, 2012 at 09:07 AM about the 1996 Buick Skylark Gran Sport Sedan FWD

Warm the car up to operating temperature and check the transmission fluid level, it might be low causing your car not to move in gear. The clicking could be the expansion/contraction of the exhaust as it cools down.

I have a Nissan Altima 2004 when I start the car it will not move when touching the brake I hear clicking when I put it into gear to drive but it will not move

hear clicking and the gears and the car will not move at all but will start up when I put it into drive it just stays there