1996 buick skylark gauges not working

Asked by Sep 21, 2013 at 01:10 PM about the 1996 Buick Skylark Custom Coupe

everything worked fine before the car was parked for 6 months, now the temp and fuel gauges are at half, the tach and speedometer don't move. All the lights work and all fuses check good. PLEASE HELP

1,620

possibly corrosion/oxidation where the wiring harness plugs into the printed circuit on the back of the seedometer/ gauge cluster.

Well thank you for your answer, I pulled the cluster and checked the connections, all are ok, I may try a junk yard cluster. Do you know of any other problems in the harness that would cause all gauges not to work.

1,620

hate to say it but they may run through the ecm/computer.with the cluster out did you examine the printed circuit very closely ?

99 percent it is the cluster, but unknown what is causing the board to go bad, i have replaced 2 clusters in a year now. my cluster is one with tach and i did make one without tach work

only one other option i have is to replace ECM, i will post to see if that cures the problem