Hi, 1992 RM wagon, 78,000 miles, no leak but hear a hissing and losing coolant, slowly.

Asked by Sep 14, 2018 at 11:49 PM about the 1992 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon RWD

My car doesn't leak anything. In great shape.  I noticed the temp gauge
going up while sitting in a parking lot.  I turned it off before it overheated.  
Added cooling and seemed fine for a while. Replaced radiator cap and that
seems to do it.  Now, reservoir level low, added water and after a drive 20
miles, nothing dripping that I can see or that is on the ground, but hear
hissing nosie. what can it be?

5,480

If you hear the hiss after you shut the engine off try this, turn heater off start engine and run for a while then shut it off, hiss gone? If yes thats the normal sound of the a/c system equalizing pressure and is normal you never listened that closely before, If the hiss is still there "burp" air from cooling system I hope this helps you

244,005

A small leak might evaporate before it drips onto the ground. I might go ahead and replace the radiator hoses and the radiator if the car is a keeper as the cost is not that high. You could try Alumaseal in the radiator to stop a pin hole leak.