1992 buick roadmaster wagon..

10

Asked by Nov 02, 2014 at 04:46 PM about the 1992 Buick Roadmaster 4 Dr Estate Wagon

1992 buick roadmaster wagon.. recently replaced fuel pump, filter, pressure reg.. ran
great for a few days.. possibly ran out of gas, it just died... now it starts but runs for
about 30 seconds then dies,.. starts choking out... slow death... lol... The pump is still
alive, as we can see it pumping gas to the TBI...This car hadnt been driven in appx 2
years before fuel stuff was replaced... I never wanted to fix it, til my other car recently
died... any help, need to get the kids to school...

10

also could have been a fuel line come loose from the filter.. but still same problem.. not sure if it ran out of gas or if it leaked out..

110,975

Did you purge all the air out of the fuel line after fixing the line break?

10

I will run this by hubby,, he says he can see the fuel pumping up.. u think there could still be a trapped air pocket? Im not a mechanic, neither is he, were just trying to get this fixed with our little knowledge... what are the chances the pump is just not functioning fully? as in, its pumping but not enough? IDK it starts right up every time, just dies out after 30 secs-1 min...

110,975

If air pockets are in the fuel line this will happen. Might want to locate test port in the fuel rail and depress the valve stem. Use caution and have rags handy cause fuel should spray out hard but evenly. If it's hard but spitting out (not an even consistent spray) then you probably still have air in it. Repeat procedure couple times and if that was the issue it should start running better.

10

Well Thanks for your help, Im actually pretty convinced that the pump is actually fried again... we just put one in 3 days before... and he said that its pumping thru the filter less than it was before he changed the pump originally.. but whats weird is that it will start and run for a few.. Ill make sure and ask him if he purged the air... i hope its something that simple, but I want him to pull the tank again so he can change the sending unit so my gas gauge will work and i dont keep burning up pumps if thats the case lol

10

it was the pump

110,975

Sorry but glad you got it fixed.