1993 Buick Roadmaaster turns over but won't start

Asked by Mar 20, 2013 at 11:22 AM about the 1992 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon RWD

My 1993 Buick Roadmaster Wagon has been sitting with a dead battery for about 6 months know without being moved. When I jump started it the engine would turn over but not start. Anyone have similar experience or know why this is? Thanks :)

@judge_roy_bean Pity you probably don't live in Southern Oregon, I am looking for a little toyota pick-up

I've been attempting to get it started again all morning. I charged the battery last night and I haven't been succesful at connecting the battery yet. I can't tell where the grounding wire is supposed to go. I think it's a grounding wire at least, it's attached to the negative wire.

So where does the little black wire attach to the chassis? I have been unable to locate that

It's the small black wire in front of my pointer finger, am I correct in thinking that is the grounding wire?

Okay, so I just have to attach it to the chassis somewhere? And without this wire the car couldn't get electricity right?

Thanks so much for all the help with this by the way! really appreciate it

Yeah I gotcha on the second-grader-ish part, I'm 16 and this is the first car I've ever really done anything with so I'm just trying to make sure I don't mess it up.