Help please...

20

Asked by Jun 04, 2017 at 09:22 AM about the 1995 Buick Roadmaster Limited Sedan RWD

I have a 95 buick roadmaster....took it to a shop to
get it looked that which was 129...they told me the
code read a egr....I replace the egr valve....and its
still missing....what could it be....thanks in advance

263,845

tell us what the code is. Misfiring is spark/fuel related and not related to an EGR.

20

From the shop

565

The code would be key here. If you are getting a code that reads multi spark misfire that would be wires/plugs or distributor. Fuel pumps that are on there way out will cause this as well. Check for kinks in the fuel line and replace the fuel filter (cheap and easy). I have had EGR issues with my 96 roadie wagons and never had a driveablity l issue just a light on.

20

I appreciate that....i changed the egr,fuel filter,fuel pump....now some shop say the call the module on the driver side above the distributor cap is the problem....they say its burnt out....they say that module tells the gas to shoot up to the injectors....don't know how true it is....but that's what they say....

565

That is your ignition module. While those can cause some issues those like to do the "run fine" then die and not restart for for a few minutes. Then after a few minutes you bump the key and it starts up and runs fine again for another few minutes until it heats up and dies again. If that car has not had wires and plug done for a long time (over 100K) I would try that first for your misfire issue. The LT1 engines run the wires real close to the exhaust manifold and these cars are pretty old now 20 + yrs. Those heat shields could be rusted up or missing and the wires cooked from the heat. Would not hurt to replace if that is the case.

20

I appreciate the insight....thank you