95 buick roadmaster ran great.

Asked by Jul 19, 2016 at 11:28 PM about the 1995 Buick Roadmaster 4 Dr Limited Sedan

ran great then the fuel pump in tank went out. relaced it. ran great again now it suddenly wont start. ive tried getting codes from an obd1 reader. nothing. ive tried the paper clip trick. nothing. check engine light just stays on steady. ive tried the ecc codes. i honestly dont get it. if i am on code 13 and hit "middle" and it says 118... or whatever.. do these numbers mean something and where do i find them.. ive looked everywhere.. i just dont understand it,, help

20

Listen at gas cap off for fuel pump running when you first turn key on. use a paper funnel to carry sound to your ear with key on is center brake light on with out foot on brake? if so suspect intermittent/poor ground for fuel pump. GM uses packard bell electrical connectors that can lose their contact if they overheat, Check ground connection screwed into left side trunk hinge. Check connector in left rear fender within a foot of tail light behind carpeting and above tail light for overheating meltdown...I am not an expert but I have owned 4 B bodies 3 94 caprice and 1 96 roadmaster and have experienced a lot of quirky situations. I have shop manuals and may be able to help with codes if they jive with GM numbers Email oppen.robert@yahoo.com Mid year 95 went from obd 1 to obd2 A bad fuel pump will not light the check engine light. Are you getting spark? Are you getting fuel? Do you know how to use a multimeter to check continuity? I spent three days looking for why my caprice died with none of the injectors firing and finally tracked it down to a bad ground on the left front corner of the engine that supplied a ground for that part of the computer.

thank you both .. i didnt know this.. yes on the fuel pump.. i can hear it. it was a new one.. first time changing that pain in the butt.. i will check on these.. and just noticed that this signed in on my moms face book. lol. im sonja kessner.. not that it matters much..

ps... do you know why the check engine light wont respond to the obd1 or even the paperclip??

485

95 is OBD II