service engine light

Asked by Jun 17, 2013 at 01:24 PM about the 1995 Buick Roadmaster 4 Dr Limited Sedan

I have a 95 buick roamaster and the service engine light comes on and off and when that happens the fans come on and when I accelerate the car acts like it wants to cut off and rattles.So I ease up on the pedal to see if it will stop. The light wasnt coming on like that at first but now its back and forth all the time when i hit the brakes or drive it and the fans always come on. At first I though maybe bad gas and put gum out in the fuel... But now its getting worse. Do you have any ideas of what it could be?

Does it start fine? Does it act like this when it's cold? Definitely misfiring but it could be a couple different things... Obviously the engine knows. That it to autozone and have the use their scan tool to get the code for the SES light.

Yes it starts cause im the morning it does ok.. but when it gets hot it gets worse.... I have tried to take it to autozone and they said that since its a 95 they cant put it on the machine it has to be a 96 or better

Okay. It sounds like it could be an EGR problem, a problem with your distributor cap/rotor... Or a fuel delivery issue. I would start by testing the fuel pressure.