Car won't start

Asked by Sep 27, 2016 at 05:16 AM about the 1996 Buick Roadmaster 4 Dr Limited Sedan

Was running good,until started running
hot.Spins over but won't start. Changed
timing chain,distributor, water
pump,radiator.

19,190

First you have to determine whether or not vehicle is not getting fuel or spark. To check for spark spray some starting fluid or throttle body cleaner into throttle if vehicle runs for a couple of seconds then shuts off then you know not getting fuel if no start for a couple of seconds no spark. This will narrow down the problem for you.

505

The first answer is very good but I would like to add that you have done a lot of work on the is thing. Go back and check all your connections. You touched a lot of stuff and it is very easy to forget to hook something up.