Car computer

Asked by Sep 10, 2016 at 02:39 PM about the 1995 Buick Riviera Supercharged Coupe FWD

I have a 1995 buick riviera 3.8lv6
supercharged engine the obd2 port has
power going to it but wont give me a code
what can I do and if I hVe to reset the
computer how do I do tht?

72,495

1995 is OBD I. You need to connect terminals A & B together, with the ignition off. The two terminals you want are on the top right corner of the connector under the dash (OBD connector as you call it). Use a short piece of wire to connect the two terminals together. Turn on the ignition but don't try to start the engine. The service engine soon or check engine light will begin flashing. You need to count the flashes. Reference code 12 will flash first as flash (pause) flash, flash. This means you are in diagnosis mode. It will flash code 12 three times then pause then begin flashing out the trouble codes, three times each. For example a code 45 will be flash, flash, flash, flash, (short pause) then flash, flash, flash, flash, flash. Then they'll be a longer pause then the next code will flash out. Each code will flash out three times before moving on to the next trouble code. Once all the stored codes are flashed out code 12 will begin flashing again. Codes are flashed out in numerical order from lowest to highest, three times each. To clear the computer, after the repair is made, simply disconnect the negative (-) battery cable for at least 30 seconds. HTH. -Jim

72,495

.

70,295

Js08016,has the correct answer,this is old school diagnostic before there was scanner,s, good answer Js.