starting issue

Asked by Dec 16, 2012 at 10:59 AM about the 1995 Buick Riviera Supercharged Coupe

The problem is sporadic. but getting worse..when I turn the key to the on position if the warning ights come on along with the other dash lights and I turn the key to start it will start evErytime..IF THE WARNING LIGHTS DON'T COME ON ALONG WITH THE DASH LIGHTS IT WON'T START ALTHOUGH IT WILL CRANK AS LONG AS I  HOLD THE KEY IN THE START POSITION...so the battery seems ok and it will crank and crank but not start...It's somehow tied to to those lights coming on......

1,275

I experienced the same problem..sometimes my vehicle would crank and while moving it would cut off. I changed ..not sure whats it called but its a group of wires leading into the sterring column from beneath the dash and connects to the left side of the sterring column. Remove the cover around the column and look for a set of wires leading from your main electrical connector..upper left on the fire wall. Its removal is not difflcult..I was able to find one at a savage yard for appox. $19.00. I would suggest asking a mech. the name of this part.... I got it. Its called the ignition switch. Go to web site..gmpartsdirect.com ..using the search engine locate your veh. pull up sterring column and the part ID is number is 2. Good Luck Semper FI

Best Answer Mark helpful