1995 Riviera Supercharged

Asked by Nov 13, 2012 at 01:39 PM about the 1995 Buick Riviera Supercharged Coupe

I have a 95 Riviera supercharged that has eletrical issues in the drivers side door panel.
First off the interior lights in the panel dont work (around the door handle and above the unlock/lock switch).
Also, the window switch doesnt work most of the time but the unlock/lock switch works perfectly. I went to the salvage yard earlier this week and bought a new switch but I keep coming to the same conclusions.
The fuel release button doesnt work but the trunk release does.
About a week ago something happened to my interior lights and the radio. Whenever I open my driver side door none of my interior lights work and the radio and the clock doesn't shut off.
Everything seems to be working as it should when I open the passenger door and all the lights and switches works as they should on the passenger side. What could be the problem?

1,195

Lets address the issue of the lights inside the door. There are lights that have cords and one has to remove the door panel to install. Secondly...try replaceing the window motor..you may have to drill out the rivets and replace with bolts and nuts. Third..the truck and gas release are on different circuits..so in order to solve the problem of the gas cap..spray some lubricants on the small button located inside the gas opening...you can also open the gas opening manually by opening the trunk and look to your left there is a release handle. The problem of the radio and interior lights I will take a psss on those. Good luck.