1995 Riviera

75

Asked by Jan 04, 2011 at 04:38 PM about the 1995 Buick Riviera Supercharged Coupe

Sorry, I am new to this.  Heater fan in 95 Riviera won't come on.  I would like to attempt to replace it myself.  Can someone tell me how to get to it?  Thanks.

105

I knowt its been a few days since you posted but the blower motor in your car is pretty easy to get to. Under the passenger side dash there is a plastic panel that you will need to remove. once that is removed you can basically see the motor close to the firewall. There are a few things to keep in mind before you blame the problem on the motor. You can pull the cover and check for voltage at the connector. if you dont have any power to the motor check the blower relay (or module if you have digital climate control) and regular controls also have a seperate block type resistor that can go bad and only give you select speeds or sometimes none at all. the module can fail in the same way as well. I have done lots of hvac work on rivs and auroras so send me a msg if you have any other questions.

120

I have a 1995 buick Riv and for some reason the A/C works great however winter showed up a couple months ago and the heater isnt working proper, I only can get heat in the Bi-level mode and not on the HTR( heater) mode. When its on Bi-Level it doesnt come out as strong form the face and legs, when its on HTR nothing comes out. What could be the problem I was thinking possibly the control unit it self. THe blower seems to be working as the A/C has no problems when running. Let me know what you think.

sounds like the fan has gone bad,is easy to put new one in,their is one wire to unhook on fan.

120

Are you sure it could be the fan, I heard the same fan will blow the heat as well as the A/C the only differnece is cold and hot. Is there a way to trouble shoot

120

Ok... This is my girlfriends buick rivera, and I was going by what she told me. I decided to look my self in this freezing cold chicago weather. Basically there is not any air blowing out at all from the vents in any feature, HTR, DEFROST, BI_LEVEL, AUTO... So with this said I check fuses all fuses are ok, I did this with a test light. Now does anyone know if there is a way to check if the blower is bad. I located the blower under the pasanger side. IF someone could let me know asap that would be great its cold here in Chicago right now.

120

Also does anyone know how to check the motor relay? DO you need to put an OHM meter to it?

105

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-an-electrical-relay-and-wiring-control-circuit this link has a pretty good explination of how to check it. you will have to remove the relay and compare the numbers on the relay with their location on the connector.

120

I went out and bought a blower motor, not the connections do not mactch, how can I get the connections to match the old blower has a plug and the new blower just has two wires, I dont want to cut the old blowers plug and splice it into the new one becuase I am not sure if its the blower that is broke, does anyone know

go ahead and cut the plug off the old blower motor and put on new motor,you will be fine,if u want to test it first,use 2 test wires stick them into new motor and car plug in ground it,just put on something metal,fender well will do,u may have to rub it on to get a ground,if works splice into it install.

120

did just that and everything is working perfect thanks for all the help

no problem,glad i could help.