factory radio

Asked by May 08, 2012 at 02:42 PM about the 1997 Buick Riviera Supercharged Coupe

one day i turned down the volume on my radio and that was it. No longer was there any power to the radio,clock, or cd player. The antenna no longer goes up or down. The fuse in the side panel(fuse box 20 amp)is good & there is power in to the fuse. I took the dash apart, & tried a different radio that someone was selling & still no power. I have the factory service manual & it  talks about 3 fuses but says nothing about where to find them. Can you provide insight or direction please. Thanks, Tim

30

there are some fuses under the back seat check out the I O mini 10 amp fuse

10

Way to go America. After screwing around for two hours. plugging and unplugging TWO stereos, I did indeed pull the rear seat. In the fuze box closest to the battery, there are indeed close to a dozen small fuzes, NONE of which say "radio". In fact, they say everything BUT radio. So I started pulling the red 10 amp fuzes and lo and behold, BINGO. Blown fuze! Thanks there GM for making that crystal clear. The owner's manual say nothing about a fuze that controls the input TO the radio, other than the one mounted on the left side of the dashboard. If you consult the owner's manual, that fuze in question MAY (I don't have the manual in front of me) be marked as "I/P or simply IP". WTF is "IP"? Then it dawned on me..."Instrument Panel"? Of course! I lost two hours of my life troubleshoot (one hour and fifty minutes because I'm an amateur mechanic), but to whoever posted that "10 amp" minifuze comment above, you were dead on. You saved me the embarrassement of looking my son in the eye and teling him I screwed up his car worse than when I started. Many thanks!

10

thank you sooo much I also had the same problem!!!