my vehicle is still over heating after we changed the water pump, radiator cap, thermostate and flushed he radiator, also bleed the air but it still gets more air in it and still over heating

Asked by Oct 24, 2013 at 06:17 PM about the 2002 Buick Rendezvous CX FWD

i have changed the water pump, thermostate and radiator cap also flushed the radiator and
bleed the air out but the vehicle is still gettting air in it and still over heating, what seems
to be wrong with it?

85

WHAT I FOUND WAS COMMON ON THOS IS THE CYLINDER HEAD GASKET FAILS/LEAKS THAT WILL CAUSE THE VEHICLE TO OVER HEAT

10

So I need new heads?

85

No the most you will need is gaskets and the heads might need to be machined down a bit because they aaare most likely aluminum heads and they like to warp

125

the same thing is happening to us!!!! But you need to take half the engine apart to replace the gasket- is there ANY way around such an expensive repair? Sorry I don't have an answer- but we have the exact same problem- Buick 2002 Century- jerk mechanic sold us this car- put lots of "gunk" to seal the coolant and make the car test drive well, then fall apart afterwards. Is there ANY other explanation for this? What if you keep bleeding it to get the air out? Could that help milk the car along so you don't have to junk it? How do you know for sure a head gasket is gone? I was told coolant would be mixing with the oil- it isn't in our case- is that true?

1,090

Remove at least two spark plugs and observe if there is any coolant on the sparks. If no, then this is not an headgasket issue,

I have an 03 buick rendezvous. Started over heating. I started with the small things and worked my way allllll the way up to the cery tip top of HEAD GASKETS. got these dam head gaskets on and it ran fine (over heating wise) for a few days. Its now september 15 i got the car back on september 11th this was after replacing waterpump, thermostat, radiator hoses, then the actual radiator, then the ass i bought it from didnt want me to take him to court so he offered to put the head gaskets on free of charge if i bought the gaskets of course my dumbass did. So at this point im at the least $1,100 deep in parts and labor. He finally towed the car had it for 30 DAYS. mind yu the only problem was the over heating issue when he took it. I go pick it back up the engines rattling, misfiring, not accelerating as it should and last but not least keeps shutting off on me every time i stop. With 3 small kids thats OBVIOUSLY not safe. So of course i go to investing more money in this oiece of crap. Ive now had my spark plugs & wires, my coil packs AND my speed sensor replaced and my car is STILL shutting off at stops, engine rattling, and still reading a misfire in one od the 3 brand new coils i JUST REPLACED TODAY!!!! But low and behold now that my coils have been redone now the car is over heating again! Wtf is with these damn things?!?! At this point ive replaced EVERYTHING under the hood except the engine itself!!!!!!! The EGR valve is the last and final thing im gonna be investing into this piece of junk another $80 part with a good $100 for labor using a backyard mechanic. I LOOOOVED this suv when i first got it but its literally broke my bank and i still dont have a reliable vehicle to transport my kids in!