ARE THERE ANY BAD THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT 2005 RENDEZVOUS. i'M THINKING OF BUYING A USED ONE. ITS NOT ALL WHEEL DRIVE .JUST TWO. THER IS 120,000 MILES AND I'M GETTING IT FOR $4900..

Asked by Sep 06, 2013 at 05:31 PM about the 2005 Buick Rendezvous CX

26,595

I'd pass on the '05 Buick Rendezvous. According to Consumer Reports, there were several problem areas (plus the fact that it was discontinued in 2007 is probably a red flag too). Problem areas in the 2005 model included: Transmission and the Drive System...these 2 areas were recurring issues that were never really addressed with this SUV.

10,625

Consumer Reports heavily favors imports- the car was discontinued in 2007 because they were coming out with the Enclave. Known issues are wheel bearings and intake gaskets- have the car inspected before you buy it if there is a concern. People who have owned one of these love them and would buy another if they could.

55

Ok,trying to make a long story short I purchased a 2005 Buick rendezvous five months ago I purchased a 2005 Buick rendezvous since the very first day it has been clunking it seems like when I'm not off the brakes or when I stopped at a red light and start to take off I'm hearing a clunking sound coming from the back I still make payments on it Valdear where has closed down he will not return any of my phone calls he even send me the car with a spare tire or Jack the wrong gas cap and the wrong oil cat the check engine light on the ABS light on and the traction light off,,,he promised me from day 1 that he would take care of all these problems....it's getting much worse...I'm scared to drive fast as I have an 11 year old daughter and have no man around to help me with vehicle problems...and I swear to you I get ripped off every single time I have ever taken a vehicle of mine to get repaired.....I must have dummy written across my forehead....anyway, the clunkinking happens mostly when you let up off the brakes, but it also happens a lot when I'm taking off from a rid light or stop sign...I have to take off very slow and easy or it will go KLUNK!!...people behind me at red lights hate me....I get cursed out at least 10 times a week....what do you think the problems are? I'm poor. Would you continue to make the car payments? It was one of those ' buy here...pay here places..AND he has closed up!! And hasn't returned my calls in 2 months???opinions men...PLEASE...IM DESPRATE:(

20

So I have 2005 Rendezvous. I do love it, but recently has started having problems. In the last year I have replaced the right rear hub (which was causing my AWD to turn off), a new transmission and now it's in the shop for routine maintenance. I have managed to put 132,000 miles on it. It's a 1/4 ton vehicle which definitely helped out in the winter (I am from Montana). It is now 8 years old, which with most vehicles you start running into problems regularly. I love it, but at 8 years old I probably would not buy it. Like I said, I love this car, but probably need to start looking at trading up for a newer model. One thing to look for when buy this car (or anything similar) are the blind spots. There are some new blind spots with the shape of these vehicles.

10

Please google the 2005 Buick Rendezvous BEFORE you buy!! It had several problems, compared to other years.

10

DON'T!

10

There are CV joint issues, coolant issues, over heating issues, key issues, anti theft issues, trannny issues, ect ect. Wish My wife had listened to me while deployed and not bought it. I have also replaced the rack and pinion, power steering pump and hoses!

Now we're in Sept. 2017, I have a AWD Rendezvous 2004 for 5 years now & still counting and I absolutely love it. It's my daily commuter. It's a CX, which is the base. Leather seats, cruise control and fog lights. I installed aftermarket in-dash DVD/GPS, and installing aftermarket rims on it soon. I can afford another car payment, but I really love this one. The MPG's are not THE BEST, but it's a V6 3.4L. it's really good for a V6 Engine. cold AC, comfortable & smooth ride. I drive about 70 miles a day. sometimes doubles that number. Just do the maintenance & change the oil & filters ON TIME. Nothing freaky or weird about it. From my experience with this car is that a high quality in American car.