2007 Expedition EB/EL TPMF and other warning lights go on and off. BCM replaced.
I recently purchased a used 2007 Expedition EB/EL.
Symptoms that occur usually all at once
1) “Tire Pressure Monitor Fault”
2) TPM symbol & Brake symbol
4) Dashboard lights will not dim (radio does)
5) Dash turn signal indicators inoperative
6) Radio turns off, then on, then off, etc.
7) Noticed dashboard illumination won’t dim but radio lighting will
8) Purple/white wire hanging in front of brake release
9) Rear hatch will not open
10) The only time the DVD player was used, it acted like the radio
* Not all happen at the same time but when one does, usually all will.
* Symptoms seemed to occur in the morning when it was cold then fade. Now they
seem to occur more frequently with longer duration.
** A dealer replaced the BCM and the problems still occur. They stated it may be “a
wire” and that all tire pressure sensors were ok after 3 weeks.
Any idea of why it is still occurring? Maybe a loose wire behind the BCM? They stated
the old BCM had moisture in it and that's why it failed.
Make sure the alternator is charging when this happens. If it is ok the instrument cluster is going bad.
The purple and white wire should be for the parking brake switch on top of parking brake assembly that lights up on the dash
If the instrument cluster is bad, how would that affect the radio,DVD player and the rear hatch not opening?
The radio/dvd runs through the instrument cluster on ford. The rear hatch may be a separate problem.
Thank you for your quick responses! It turns out that not only did it need a new BCM unit but it seems that a mouse had made a home in the center console and was nibbling at the wires (probably a late night snack).
Looking for a Used Expedition in your area?
CarGurus has 22,320 nationwide Expedition listings starting at $1,500.
Search Ford Expedition Questions
Ford Expedition Experts
Related Models For Sale
Used Cars For Sale