Is It possible for water pump to be not working?

320

Asked by Jul 07, 2012 at 01:02 AM about the 1996 Chevrolet Blazer 4 Door LS 4WD

When the radiator is open with the engine on I can see coolant very slowly circulating thus resulted to
high temperature reading and coolant is reduced in quantity inside its reservoir after 100 degrees celcius
is attained.

246,435

If your noticing a decrease in coolant in the reservior, then you must have a leak. Put the cap back on and add coolant to the cold water level, and monitor the level on a daily basis for a couple days to make sure your system is full. If all is fine and your still having issues, your radiator can be starting to clog due to deposits over time. I wouldn't suspect the water pump at this point unless it is leaking or making noise.

320

I have just cleaned again the radiator and I used blower fan to removed all the liquid. After filling it again with water, I switched the engine on with AC on, after 25 minutes the temperature reached to 100 degrees celcius. I turned off the AC and I turned off the engine, with the engine hood opened I observed what happened, the coolant reservoir was filled with boiling liquid and finally spilled most of the liguid until it stopped to "FULL" line.What is the real meaning of this?

1,345

Still having the problem huh? I think if you have done everything he have talked about already then you should take it in to a shop. It sounds to me your ac is overcharged, restriction in ac system, causing the condensor to get too hot. if you have air flow through radiator and condensor that is what i would do

320

I went to the shop for checking the car on the computer and it says "Camshaft to Crankshaft position correlation fault". They told me to tune up the engine because timing has a problem, they that's why it's overheating because the engine is not working well. Shall I go ahead and let them open the engine?

320

By the way it will only overheat if the AC in on.

320

Code P1345 this is the reading from the PCM.