Quit running while driving on highway kept power.

Asked by Nov 08, 2014 at 05:29 AM about the 1996 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 FWD

Now sounds and runs bad

Hard to tell but it could be the engine is done. Running hot? Running ruff? Smoking? What is it doing.

Was driving on highway it all sudden died I just put gas in it ,wouldn't start right away towed home it started but sounds horrible it was running fine til then, friend he put on code thing he only told me p0300 should be more codes then 1 i:would think I'm gonna go try it myself, I'm not sure if the guy is thinking because I am female I won't get it. I'll post what codes are

Please do. You can also Google the codes.

You may have gotten a tank of contaminated gas? Call the gas station and ask the manager or owner if there have been other inquires or complaints. The reasons are numerous. Bad gas, clogged fuel lines, injectors bad or clogged, timing went off, computer is sending wrong signals, the cat convertor is plugged up. It will take a good diagnostic analysis to find the real issue. Unless your friend is a certified knowledgeable mechanic, he may mean well, but in the long run, it may cost for parts you do not need until you find the issue. Makes no difference, male or female, to a good mech, he/she is only concerned in getting you vehicle running right.