WET FLOOR BOARDS

Asked by May 18, 2009 at 05:02 PM about the 1996 Chevrolet Beretta Z26

Every time it rains both floor boards on driver and passenger  in side the car are soaking wet Had couple dealers and people check it out and no one can find out were its comming from .... I know about the flap inder the hood on the firewall I removed it already so I know its not blocking water up there and comin thru . So any help would be welcome

45

Its leaking through the firewall. Remove the windshield wiper cowl and you'll see. GM used a cheep sealer and it rots away exposing were the fire wall meets and thats were the water leaks into the cabin. Use window weld or sealer, do not use silicone! http://bstuff.com/index.php?showtopic=61186&hl=wet+floor

55

Check around the floor drain area on the bottom of the fire wall for rust. Berettas are really bad for rust you have to watch them closely in the fenders and in firewalls make sure you check your floorboards and make sure that they havent started to rust :) good luck I'm still working on mine :)

15

i have the same problem in my car in the driver side

45

I am having the same issue. My husband is trying to locate the leak. Thought we had it figured out but guess not. I will keep you all posted. Never had this problem with our 1988 Beretta. Cause I can't complain much since I only paid $300 for a running car and also in good shape. Just worried about mold. I am allergic to it. Good luck everyone!

30

Open your hoodm and remove the black plastic cover (under wipers) may need to remove the wipers. there is a factory body seal there, the caulking deteriorates over the years and causes it to leak inside the car, under the dash. remove all old caulking and clean with a small wire brush, re apply new caulking

25

I have a 1996 Beretta 2 door base model. Have the same problem when it rains,get small ponds in the front floor boards on both sides. I removed the cowl cover(black plastic cover below windshield) you will have to remove the wiper arms. On the drivers side I found a large rust hole under the drivers wiper assembly, was not easy to patch. Found a small rust hole on the passenger side also.However guess what it still leaks!!! I am at a total loss. If anyone has a solution please let me know.

60

Check this out, Mine leaks too.. > http://www.beretta.net/how_to/waterleak.htm

60

Got leaks too. Passenger side can be fixed with a plastic cover over the AC outside air vent and duc tape. Be sure to apply 2 way tape or sealer just above the vent on the plastic grill which is against the windshield.. > Then check this Bulletin out.. http://www.beretta.net/how_to/waterleak.htm

30

A buddy of mine works at Safelite Auto Glass. My floor was getting soaked on the passenger side front and rear. He water tested it by pouring water on the lower right side of the windshield. Water poured in. He said the cowl seal was bad and resealed it yesterday. I'm in the process of vacuuming the water out. He said he's 99% sure that was the problem.

I had the same problems, but after I got my windshield replaced, all problems solved...I was told it was the seal...

30

My rear floor boards were getting puddles. I found the seam seal between the quarter panels Snd under the rear glass was bad.